Western Australia will be welcoming back fully vaccinated international students in time for Semester 1 2022, in line with the rest of the nation. WA is ready to welcome international students back in early 2022 including the support for continuing and new students during this transition period to ensure no one is disadvantaged.
Which date will the WA border open?
Once the State achieves an 80% double vaccination rate, which is anticipated to occur in mid-December, the official date of the border opening will be announced by the WA Government. Watch this space as we will keep you updated.
Why Perth, Western Australia?
• 3+ years Post-Study Work Visa once you graduate from your degree.
• Perth has the closest time zone to you than any other Australian capital cities.
• WA is a friendly and multicultural state with people originating from over 190 countries now calling WA home. 32% of Western Australians are born overseas.
• Perth is one of the safest cities in the world and the management of COVID-19 has been done successfully, so you cannot find a safer place than WA.
• WA has one of the Strongest economies and the lowest unemployment rate in Australia. This means part time job availability for you whilst studying!
• Perth is the 6th most liveable city in the world, has lower cost of living than other major cities, great weather with excellent student support.