Hi, How Can We Help You?
  • Level 3, 58 Kitchener Pde, Bankstown Sydney NSW
  • contact@emkglobal.com.au
  • (+61) 487 026 666

Prospective Marriage Visa (subclass 300)

Prospective Marriage Visa (subclass 300)


EMK Global

Benefits of the visa 300

  • Stay in Australia for between 9 and 15 months from date of grant of visa
  • Work and study in Australia.


  • You must be outside Australia at the time of lodging a visa and receive the decision
  • ou must have a sponsor (fiancé) when you lodge your application and when you are on this visa. You and your sponsor must meet relationship requirements
  • You must be 18 or older at the time of lodging a visa

Visa Fee Charge

  • The visa costs fromAUD 8,850.00for the main applicant.

Processing Time

  • 90% of the visas are processed in 33 Months

Your Obligations

  • 8502: Not arrive before person specified in visa
  • 8515: Must not marry or enter into a de facto relationship before entry
  • 8519: Marry your partner while the visa is valid
  • 8520: Marry your partner while the visa is valid

How to Apply for an Australian visa?

  • Step 1: Complete the Visa Application Form via the online IMMI Account
  • Step 2: Gather your documents (identity, relationship evidences, etc)
  • Step 3: Include your family members (if applicable)
  • Step 4: Pay the Visa Application Fee
  • Step 5: Complete the Visa Application Form for the sponsor via the online IMMI Account
  • Step 6: Complete the Health examination
  • Step 7: Prepare for the interview by the Immigration

Want to learn more about courses leading to PR?

Have an inquiry?

Leave your message here!



Book one-on-one consultation with our expert

EMK Global is a leading expert in the field of international education and migration to Australia. Our head office is located in Sydney, Australia and we have branch offices in Vietnam and Pakistan.

  • Standard Consultation
  • Intensive Consultation
  • Complementary Service
  • Admission & Study Abroad
  • Student & Graduate Visa
  • Insurance & PY Consultation

Frequently Asked Questions

If you don’t find an answer to your question below, feel free to get in touch with one of our agents, they will be more than happy to share their wisdom.

Can I visit my fiancé while the 300 visa is being processed?

The Australian Government requires you to be outside of Australia before the Subclass 300 is processed. However, you can apply for a Visitor visa (subclass 600) to visit your fiancé in Australia

Can I extend my Subclass 300 visa?

Unfortunately, no. The validated period of a Prospective Marriage visa in Australia is 15 months.After getting married in 15 months, you can apply for a Partner visa – Subclass 820/801 to become an Australian permanent resident

What Happens If We Do Not Get Married?

The main criteria is that the visa holder must get married within 9 months after visa is granted. This visa cannot be extended and the holder will become unlawful in Australia after the nine month period. The applicant may however, be eligible for another type of visa depending upon individual circumstances

We Are A Same Sex Couple, May We Apply?

Same sex couples may apply for the Prospective Marriage Visa (subclass 300).

I got my 300 visa and I am currently in Australia. However, I broke up with my ex-fiance. If I get married to my new boyfriend, can I eligible for 820 visa?

The Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300) is specifically for those who intend to marry their partner. If your partner does not intend to marry, and you have already found a new partner, you can notify the immigration about you new circumstance and apply for a partner visa 820/801

× How can I help you?