New rules for financial year 2023/2024 WA
WA Migration Services, on behalf of the WA State Government, provides WA State nomination to eligible applicants for two visa subclasses, which gives you extra points on the Department of Home Affairs points test:
- the Skilled nominated visa (subclass 190) — an extra five points; or
- the Skilled work regional (provisional) visa (subclass 491) — an extra 15 points.
Features of the 2023—24 program
- no application fee;
- equal invitation ranking for Interstate and Overseas candidates;
- prioritised invitations for candidates with an occupation in a WA industry sector with critical demand for skilled workers; and
- reduced employment requirements for candidates invited through a WA building and construction industry sector occupation.
If you would like to be considered for an invitation for State nomination, your occupation will need to be eligible under the following streams.
- General stream— A skilled migration pathway for a range of occupations and industry categories. Eligible occupations are listed on the WA Skilled migration occupation list (WASMOL) Schedule 1 or 2.
- Graduate stream— A skilled migration pathway for eligible international students who are completing vocational education and training (VET) or higher education qualifications in WA. Eligible occupations are listed on the Graduate occupation list (GOL).